REDWOOD COAST MACINTOSH USERS GROUP
Here are some interesting links. If you would like to see additions or corrections to the list then please contact the RCMUG Webmaster. The Net Links page is (always) in the process of being updated.
Apple Computer | Shareware/Updates | Accessories | Books | Magazines | Computer User Groups | Macintosh Resources | Map Sites
- The Apple Home Page: Apple products include PowerBooks, Desktop Computers, Printers, Moniters, QuickTime, the Mac OS, HyperCard, ...
- Contact Information: Telephone, Fax and addresses for Apple.
- Apple Mailing Lists: A directory of mailing lists (Apple and non-Apple) you can receive via email. Apple uses E-newsletters, Announcement lists, and interactive Discussion lists.
- Apple Products: Information on current Apple hardware, software, and peripherals.
- The Apple Store: Buy Apple products online.
- Macintosh Products Guide: There are over 12,000 software and hardware products for the Mac! Choose your language or locale for the version of the Guide you wish to view, and search through the Guide's immense catalog.
- Apple Spec Online: A searchable database of the product specifications for Apple systems, displays, and printers.
- Apple Support: Support solutions and services.
- Support Site Index: A to Z links to Apple product information, software and updates, FAQ sheets and tips, registration and loans, technical information, and more. A lot more! Try this site first if you want assistance.
- Tech Info Library (TIL): Updated daily, contains in-depth information for all Apple products, past and present, including descriptions, specifications, and support information. A great site to bookmark!
- Basic Troubleshooting: A starting point designed to help users learn the basics of how to troubleshoot problems and prevent future ones.
- Site Index: Use this index to Apple's web site to find web pages that cover topics of interest to you.
- Web Site Areas: A list of Apple Internet Sites and content areas around the world.
- Apple Software Updates: Apple's searchable Software Library of updaters, utilities, and full software installs.
- Apple Manuals: Download Apple manuals and other instructional materials.
- AppleWorks: Assistance for AppleWorks (formerly ClarisWorks) users, books, updates, a free trial version for downloading, resources for teachers, news, etc.
- AppleWorks Users Group: The international ClarisWorks and AppleWorks home page with resources that include a discussion forum, special offers, tips, books, and updates for ClarisWorks and AppleWorks users.
- QuickTime: Download QuickTime, QuickTime upgrades, movie trailers, news, and information on QuickTime's abilities.
- PowerBook: New product information.
- PowerBook Support: Problem solving, tech exchange, updates, etc. for various PowerBook models.
- iMac: iMac features, where (and how) to buy, puzzles, updates, news, peripherals, technical support resources, and QuickTime VR movies!
- Apple's Sherlock page: Find information on Sherlock and download additional plug-ins.
- Education: products, programs, and services.
- Teacher's Corner: Templates, clip art, and training materials designed for use with AppleWorks for educators and students.
- Disability Resources: Assistance for people with disabilities. The Macintosh Access Passport (MAP) database catalogs more than 100 add-on products for the Macintosh. Read resource sheets that cover a variety of specific disabilities, including visual, physical, hearing, learning, and speaking, and find links to other helpful places on the web.
- Disability Shareware: A shareware library that includes Braille Utilities, Communication applications, Control Panals, Extensions, Talking Software, Templates, Keyboard Modifications, Large Print and other software designed to make computers more accessible to people with disabilities.
- Apple User Groups: Use Apple's user group locator to find a group near you. Also check out program ideas, activities, news, and resources for user groups.
- Apple and the Year 2000: "We may not have got everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end." (Douglas Adams.) Use this link to check the Year 2000 compliance of Apple Products.
SHAREWARE / UPDATES
- ChezMark's MacPicks: ChezMark presents a great selection of Macintosh shareware every week!
- Disability Shareware: A shareware library that includes Braille Utilities, Communication applications, Control Panels, Extensions, Talking Software, Templates, Keyboard Modifications, Large Print and other software designed to make computers more accessible to people with disabilities.
- Info-Mac HyperArchive: Search the archives for software by filename or subject.
- Shareware.com: A searchable software library of more than 250,000 files for Macintosh and PC.
- VersionTracker: Macintosh software updates: commercial, beta, shareware, and freeware. Check out the software index or search for a particular file.
- ABCOM: ABCOM is an online source for dust covers, carrying cases, and keyboard skins.
- Addison-Wesley Computer & Engineering Publishing Group: Computer Science academic titles, Java technology, programming, etc.
- Amazon.com: Books, Music, Video, Auctions, ....
- IDG Books Worldwide: IDG Books include The ...For Dummies series, and the Secrets® and Teach Yourself® books.
- O'Reilly and Associates: RCMUG members get a 20 discount on O'Reilly books and software through the O'Reilly User Group Program. O'Reilly products cover topics such as UNIX, Linux, Perl, NT, PC, Java, Apache, Python, Macromedia, Programming, PalmPilot, Visual Basic, Oracle, Graphics, and Networking, among others. Check their website for a complete list of products.
- Peachpit Press: RCMUG members get a 40 discount off Peachpit books! Check out Peachpit's A to Z online catalog. Peachpit Press books include The Little Mac Book, the Visual QuickStart Guides, the Bibles for Macintosh and PC, and the WoW! books.
- MacAddict: MacAddict's online home. Participate in MacAddict Forums, get news and reviews, sign up for a free trial issue (with CD enclosed), and check the This Old Mac feature for tips on how to breathe more life into your old Mac!
- MacHome: MacHome Interactive has news, software releases and updates, product reviews, the Mac Quick Tips guide for ordering, FREE Tech Support!!!!!, and sign up for a free subscription to Mac Hot Tipsemailed to you every week.
- Macworld: Macworld Online has news and product reviews, peruse the latest issue, search for articles in back issues, check out the large software archives, and register online for the Macworld Expos.
COMPUTER USER GROUPS
- BMUG: The Berkeley Macintosh Users Group, one of the largest and oldest of the MUGs, is concentrating on its online communityPlanet BMUG. Check the website for the latest developments of Planet BMUG.
- LCMUG: The Lake County Mac User Group, Lake County, California.
- McMUG: The Mendocino Coast Mac Users Group, Mendocino, California.
- NCMUG: The North Coast Mac Users Group, Santa Rosa, California.
- Washington Apple Pi: The Pi is an international user group. The Pi puts out a great CD-ROM (Pi Fillings) filled with shareware and software updates.
- SCCG: The Silicon Coast Computer Group, serving users of IBM type PCs and computers running the Windows OS, is located in The Sea Ranch, California.
- DriveSavers Data Recovery: DriveSavers specializes in recovering lost data. DriveSavers can extract lost or corrupt files and recover data from physically damaged drives and other media. Check this site for some good recovery tips.
- EvangeList Web Site: The mailing list has been retired, but the EvangeList archives are still available.
- Heidsite: Jim Heid's web site. Heid writes for PC World and Macworld magazines and is the author of HTML & Web Publishing Secrets® and Macworld New Complete Mac Handbook, 4th Edition. Check out No Back Roads, Heid's Web documentary on the Internet's arrival in rural America, and Point & Click Radio, Mendocino County's call-in computer radio show, with Heid as co-host and special correspondent.
- Kids Domain: Software for kids and grownups, reviews and articles by parents and educators, game hints and newsletters.
- MacDirectory: News and product reviews, informative articles, technical support, hot deals, and the eMac Daily.
- MacInTouch Home Page: The latest news, help, resources, links, archives. It has pages devoted to iMacs, viruses, problems related to specific computer models, Apple support issues, software issues, bugsjust to name a few!
- The Macnologist Y2K Resource: Part of the Macnologist website that addresses Macintosh Y2K issues, including The Not-So-Compliant List of software that is not Y2K ready!
- No Wonder!: FREE tech supportget technical support answers emailed to you in 24 hours or less! Most computer platforms are supported. You can also discuss tech issues in the online Chat Room, search the online message board, or search the ZDNET database for answers to your computer problems.
- Point & Click Radio: The call-in computer radio show of Mendocino County, California. Jim Heid co-hosts with Bob Laughton and also produces its live Webcasts. Point & Click airs every Wednesday evening from 7 to 8 pm Pacific Time with answers to your computer and Internet questions. Point & Click Radio frequently simulcasts its shows on the Internet so check out its archives to hear shows on such topics as free software, free fax services, online privacy, SETI@home, Webcams, spam-fighting tips and much more!
- Reva's Research Bookmarks: A list of links prepared for the RCMUG by professional online researcher and author Reva Basch (Researching Online for Dummies a new edition is due out in spring 2000). Reva's links include search engines, libraries, statistics, history, tools for writers, news, government, medicine, and computer viruses and hoaxes.
- TidBITS: A free weekly email and Web publicationone of the best! In-depth articles, software reviews, and backissues are searchable and available for downloading.
- United Computer Exchange: UCE is a global clearinghouse for buyers and sellers of new and used computer equipment. It has online appraisal software for finding the value of your computer.
RAY'S MAP SITES
- Street Maps
- Topological Maps-1
- Topological Maps-2
- Aeral Photographs
- MapMachine@National Geographic
- World Atlas and World Maps
- Maps of the United States
- National Space Science Data Center Photo Gallery
- Earth at Night
- Panoramic Maps Collection
- Antiquarian Maps
- Ask USGS: Maps
- Quick Maps of the World
- California Weather Map
For web site inquiries, corrections, and suggestions, please email email@example.com.
© 2000 Redwood Coast Macintosh Users Group.
Home | Overview | Contacts | Newsletters | Join RCMUG | Credits | Email | Top of Page